Friday, April 17, 2009

Trip Number Who Knows What

I travel a lot. I travel for business mostly and not for pleasure; although, I do try to travel as much for fun as I can (but with only 10 vacation days a year, it's a bit tough). I'm an environmental consultant and 99% of the clients are work with are not in the DC Metro Area. I mostly conduct Phase I environmental site assessments, due diligence assessments, and environmental compliance audits, but I also do field work such as soil and groundwater sampling when the need arises. Mostly I travel to small industrial towns up and down the east coast, throughout the mid-west, and the south, but I do occasionally get to go to NYC and other destinations outside of the U.S.

To give you an idea about my travels here's a list of where I've been since the start of 2009:
- Dayton, Ohio
- Rochester, New York
- Honeoye Falls, New York
- York, PA (my hometown)
- Michigan City, Indiana
- Detroit, MI
- Orlando, FL
- New York, NY
- Rainsville, AL
- Marshalltown, IA
- Paris, Tennessee

I won't bore you with all the details of those trips, so I'll just start with my most recent trip and go forward from there. But I'd be happy to answer any and all questions you might have about all these exciting, happenin', and popular destinations!! :)

So last night (LATE last night) I got back from Paris, Tennessee. Did you know that not only is there a Paris in the States, but that there's also an Eiffell Tower there?!! Yeah, me either! I guess I wouldn't expect most of you to know that considering Paris is a staggering 2 hours northwest of Nashville. But since Paris hosts the World's Biggest Fish Fry in April (we missed it by one week darn it!) and might have one of the best lunch spots EVER, you might find yourself there one day. Oh and I can't forget to mention that beers average $1.95 in Paris. And no, that's not Happy Hour prices!

And I can't forget to mention Paris has ties to Hollywood! Cherry Jones, who plays the President on 24 is from Paris and is a local celebrity. Her picture is on every store front windown in downtown Paris.

And who doesn't love a small town feel? I'm not kidding, even the local fire department came out to the vacant site we were working at to see what we were doing.

Gotta' love small town America!! I'll post some pics when I get them from RNP. We have some great ones of a larger-than-life catfish, a man announcing his political opinions (clearly a far-far-far-right Republican), our camo hip waders, and a very fashionable PFD (personal flotation device).

Oh and I can't finish this post without a shout-out to Pauline's. Pauline's is the most amazing lunch spot!! Everyday they have home-made quiche, soups, gooey-buttery-warm rolls (brought home 3 in my suitcase), and an entire case full of homemade pies, cakes, and puddings (new ones each and every day!). We love Pauline's and hope to see her again one day....well maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment