Tuesday, November 3, 2009

A Totally Hip Pad

I always wish I had a job with super cool perks like free concert tickets, or worked with super cool people like celebrities or athletes. I just don't have one of those jobs. Nor will I ever probably ever have one of those jobs. But you know what the next best thing is...having friends with one of those cool jobs! :)
My friend Bridget totally has a cool job. She's the Entertainment & Business Travel Sales Manager at the new W Hotel in DC. Not only does she get to spend her days in a totally awesome, hip, new hotel, but she gets to hob-nob will totally cool and sometimes famous people!! Since I apparently live under a rock and hadn't been to the hotel since it opened in July, we met at the hotel for lunch and a tour of the hotel. If you didn't know, the W Hotel bought the old Hotel Washington, a famous DC institution, and totally gutted the whole thing turning it into a swanky, hip hangout (like the rest of the W Hotel family). Plus, the Hotel Washington has one of the best views in the City. It's rooftop restaurant literally looks out over the White House.

The hotel boasts 5 great spots to have a drink or a bite to eat and both the cocktail menus and food menus (even the catering menus) have been designed by a master mixologist, Sasha Petraske of NYCs famed Milk and Honey , and famous chef, Jean-Georges. I won't bore you with all the details, but a must-see is the transformation of the former roof-top restaurant into a super hip indoor/outdoor lounge and bar called POV (I'm guessing it stands for point of view). We had lunch on the rooftop, munching on a variety of appetizers, that by the way were to die for...I definitely suggest the beef satay, tuna, and crab starters, and admiring the gorgeous DC view.


Here's a rendering of the POV Terrace

I'm not kidding when I say it's an awesome view!

Oh, and I can't forget to mention that the W boasts DC's only Bliss Spa!! Do yourself a favor. If you live in DC set a date with a girlfriend for a treatment at Bliss and then indulge on fab cocktails and small bites while checking out the Secret Service snipers over at the White House.

But don't forget...they're watching you too! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment